Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Unthinkable

Sometimes there are things that happen that one just can't keep to one's self. Sometimes they just must be shared although, maybe they are better left untold.

Today the unthinkable happened. The disgusting happened. The horrific happened. The grotesque happened.

Some of you (most likely those with kids) already know the tale that is about to unfold.

It was a quiet afternoon. Ella had just woken from her nap a short time earlier. I had taken off her diaper and put her on the potty, like I usually do. A little peepee, but no poopies this time. Hm, I thought, she hasn't pooped yet today. Oh well, I will let her go diaper free for a few minutes to air out the toosh. I am a good mommy. I give her plenty of time to get air flow to where air flow is minimal while wearing a diaper.

So, I waltzed into the living room to look up a phone number on the computer that I needed. So much to do to prepare for this house sale. It is awfully quiet. Too quiet.

"Ella? What are you doing?". Better go check. I walk into the kitchen where she is. Hm, "what's in your mouth?" Better yet, "what is that smell? Did you poopoo in your diaper?" Wait, she is not wearing a diaper. Wait, what is in her mouth?

OH MY GOSH.

Panic. What do I do? Should I wash her mouth out with soap? No, bad idea. Should I run her into the bathroom and put her in the shower? No, that would take too long, and then the dogs would eat the poop on the floor. AHHHHHHHHHH! Okay, put the baby in the sink. Wash it off of her. All of it. Just don't panic. Disgusting.

Sometimes it is an adventure being a mom. I am sure that others out there have similar stories to share. Maybe it is a right of passage. Maybe a baby really can't make it to adulthood unless they eat poop at least once. Maybe.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment