Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Showing a house with a baby and dogs stinks

So, what good is a blog if you don't get to vent just a little every once in a while. I mean this is kind of like my online journal. Not kind of, it is because I am not good at keeping a personal journal.

So, here is my vent. I am sick and tired of showing our house. I know it is our decision to try to sell, we don't have to sell, if we dropped our price it would probably sell soon, yadayadayada, but it is a real pain in the unspeakables to have to arrange showings around Ella's naps and bed, get the house cleaned up, get all the various and sundry animals put in various and sundry places, get out of the house, have to basically put your life on hold, can't cook dinner, can't start any messy projects.......

Showing after showing, and virtually no bites. The traffic has been good, the offers have been few.

Why do we do this to ourselves? I have a theory. I think we thrive on chaos. We need chaos in order to make order. When life gets too predictable, we have to go and shake it up. It is not enough to have a baby anymore, that took some making order out of chaos. And it has only been orderly for about 2 months, long enough for us to put our house on the market to create more chaos. But this chaos has no end at the moment. Hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. And it has really only been about 2 months I think. Less than the average time to sell a house.
But we were so sure. Our house would sell so quick, our house is so cute, everyone would be fighting for our house....We love our house, and so should everyone else.

I think we get our feelings hurt just a little. Why are all these people passing up our great little abode? What is not to like?

Maybe we should just decide to stay here. Make it work with a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom house. We could fit quite a few kids in that large second bedroom..... Add on one day when we have some more money.....

Well, for now, I guess we will just keep on. Wait for the first time homebuyer credit to run out before we take it off the market. Keep the chaos for now, possibly add more chaos if it sells and we have to move and then begin creating order. Or it doesn't sell, we take it off the market, and order reigns once more in the Day household.

What a day.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I think you are right about how we get restless when all is too ordered and look for some new avenue to explore! It is always hard for me to figure out " Is it restlessness or is it God prodding me to move in a new direction? And sometimes I believe He uses that restlessness to get us to where He wants us to be..a new career, a new neighborhood, a new freindship. "To everything there is a reason and a purpose for everything under heaven!"

    ReplyDelete